On one fateful night in 2016, James suddenly awoke from his dream, with a dream: to make cat stationery based on himself.
It was the perfect idea. He’s funny, clever and has an undeniable cuteness factor. The only issue was his lack of drawing skills and opposable thumbs. Claws are good for scratching couches, but for drawing recognizable images… not so good.
So James did what any other sensible cat would do. He had his human do all the hard work. A shake of a tail later, James had his very own line of greeting cards featuring his handsome self.
From there many more cat products followed, including bookmarks, enamel pins, art prints, and more!
James likes to do his part for his community by donating a portion of all sales to local animal rescues to help them care for and find homes for his furry friends.
How much do we donate?
- 10% of all sales from our website. You will receive a James Dollar Bill indicating how much was donated thanks to your purchase.
- 10% of all sales from trade shows and special events.
- 10% of all sales from wholesale orders. As a stockist, the amount donated thanks to your order will be indicated on your invoice.
Check out our newspaper ‘The Domestic’ for related news on donations, goals and accomplishments.
If you’re an animal rescue and would like to be put on our list, please feel free to contact us.
Like James he wanted to know what happens with what we donate to different animal rescues.
- It helps cover the cost of food and shelter.
- It helps pay for medications and vaccines.
- It helps cover the cost of medical procedures.
- Most importantly it helps the organization find homes for the animals.
James is silly most of the time, but can be one serious cat when it comes to business.
If you are a brick and mortar shop and wish to carry James the Cat, please fill out our application form and we’ll get back to you in 2 shakes of a cats tail.
We would love to work with you!
If there’s anything James understands best, it’s our love for doing our favourite things from the comfort of our homes, including shopping. However, if you don’t want to wait for delivery and you’re a supporter of buying local like us, you can find James’ products at a store near you.
To see a list of shops that carry James the Cat products, check out our stockist page!